COMPETENCE CERTIFICATION FOR OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH PERSONNEL
The Central Institute for Labour Protection -National Research Institute is the only scientific body in Poland that is accredited to certify competence of personnel, whose actwties significantly influence the shaping of safe working environment and occupational health and safety education level. The Centre for Certification of Personnel's Competence, established within the structure of the Institute, operates within the framework of the national system of conformity assessment, accreditation and alteration of some laws (Journal of Laws, No. 166 of 7 October 2002, wiith subsequent amendments).
THE SCOPE OF CERTIFICATION
The Centre for Certification of Personnel's Competence was accredited by the Polish Centre for Accreditation on 18 May 2000. It was thus confirmed that the Centre operates in compliance with the standard PN-EN ISO/IEC 17024:2004 "Confirmity assessment - General requirements for bodies operating certlfication of persons".
The Centre Is entitled to grant competence certif icates to:
- occupational safety and health lecturers
- occupational safety and health
- specialists in measurementof working conditions parameters
- auditors of an occupational safety and health management system
- consultants in systemic management of occupational safety and health
Moreover, the Centre for Certification of PersonneTs Competence acknowledges competence of educational bodies training the above-mentioned groups of specialists.
PROCEDURE OF CERTIFICATION OF PERSONNEL'S COMPETENCE
- Submitting an application for Certification with documentation confirming the competence of a candidate in the Centre for Certification of Personnel's Competence
- Preliminary formal assessment, checking the attached document, registrationof the application and assigning it an identification number
- Content-related assessment of the documents
- Relevant Certification assessment
- Opinion of the Technical Committee for Personnel and Educational Units
- A certificate is or is not issued
- Surveillance over the certificate
THE RIGHTS OF A CERTIFICATE HOLDER
The certificate holder is entitled to:
- publicly announce that he/she obtained a competence certificate valid in a specified topical scope for a specified time, - referring to his/her certificate
- in publications, on business cards and when negotiating contracts relevant to activities within the scope of the certificate.
Being granted certificates of the Central Institute for Labour Protection - National Research Institute enables the certificate holders to indicate their competence to all the interested parties, as the competence is confirmed by an independent body in an objective manner, in accordance with the requirements of the European Union.
Central Instutute for Labour Protection - National Research Institute
Centre for Assessment and Development of OSH Competence
Czerniakowska 16, 00-701 Warsaw, Poland
Head of the Centre for Assessment and Development of OSH Competence
Witold Gacek, M.D.
phone (+48 22) 623 46 45, fax (+48 22) 623 36 93,