Tease: Shape proper working conditions at the enterprise level
Handbook of Occupational Safety and Health
Meet the Challenge of
Occupational safety and health – safe work in a safe environment. The challenge, of course, is how to make this happen and make it happen economically. A comprehensive study presenting the state of the art in the field, Handbook of Occupational Safety and Health provides a wide range of methods along with specific criteria for assessing hazard and exposure in the workplace environment. More importantly, it also offers ways to reduce these hazards. The book supplies a compendium of interdisciplinary knowledge that includes physical, chemical, and psychosocial risk factors in the working environment and also discusses issues in Occupational Safety and Health management.
The book discusses the ergonomic principles of shaping products, workstands, and work processes, highlighting the significance of international requirements for competitiveness in world economy. It presents the scientific basis for each safety and health issue, followed by well-illustrated case studies to demonstrate the concepts and theories and their application in real-world situations. Based on the results of international research, the book covers:
- Psychological capabilities of humans in the working environment
- Basic risk factors in the working environment
- Law-based protection of labor
- The effects of hazards in work processes
- Basic directions in shaping conditions of occupational safety and ergonomics
Developed by a team of renowned contributors, the book includes strategies for creating safe working conditions, accurately assessing hazards posed by harmful environmental factors, and preventing occupational accidents and diseases. Meticulously designed to be user-friendly, it provides the tools to create a safety culture beginning at the enterprise level through to the individual employee.
- Provides an interdisciplinary approach to the field of occupational health and safety
- Covers all important hazard factors related to the working environment
- Discusses the influences of human and technical factors in work processes
- Examines technical, medical, and organizational aspects of work processes
- Explores modern occupational health and safety management systems
Using an interdisciplinary approach, this book examines how to best protect humans in working environments. The author presents a wide range of methods along with specific criteria for assessing hazard and exposure in the workplace environment; more importantly, she also offers ways to reduce these hazards. Examining the technical, medical, and organizational aspects of work processes, this comprehensive text provides coverage of basic risk factors, law-based protection of labor, shaping conditions of occupational safety and ergonomics, psychophysical capabilities of humans in the working environment, and much more.
CHOOSE KNOWLEDGE NOW
Central Institute for Labour Protection offers you a Polish-language monograph entitled:
"Bezpieczeństwo i Higien Pracy"
"Occupational Safety and Health"
collective work of 68 authors - specialists from Polish scientific centres - edited by Prof. Danuta Koradecka, M.D.
It is an interdisciplinary complex description of the state-of-the-art knowledge in the area of protection of man in the working environment, methods and criteria of hazards assessment in the work place as well as the ways of their limitation. The main issues covered in the monograph are:
- psychophysical capabilities of man in the working environment (occupational physiology, workload assessment, biomechanics, vision and hearing perception),
- basic hazardous factors (chemical, dusts, physical and biological),
- effects of hazards (occupational diseases, accidents, disasters),
- basic directions of creating conditions of occupational safety and ergonomics (designing machines and work stations in accordance with the ergonomics principles, hygiene requirements for work places, personal protective equipment, assessment of conformity of technical means with the requirements of occupational safety and health, risk assessment, occupational health and safety management, training procedures in the field of safety and ergonomics),
- legal and economic aspects of labour protection.
The monograph is addressed to a wide circle of people professionally concerned with the issues of occupational safety and ergonomics as well as to students of technical and agricultural universities or post-graduate studies.