Misja Instytutu jest dzialalnosc naukowo-badawcza prowadzona do nowych rozwiazan technicznych i organizacyjnych uzytecznych w ksztaltowaniu warunkÃ³w pracy zgodnych z zasadami bezpieczenstwa pracy i ergonomii oraz ustalenie podstaw naukowych do wlasciwego ukierunkowania polityki spoleczno-ekonomicznej panstwa w tym zakresie.
The Institute's Scientific Council provides decision making, project initiation, opinion dissemination, and advisory services. It defines the direction of the Institute's development and provides advice on scientific, research and technology staffing. The Council is entitled to express opinions on all of the Institute's activities. Its tasks include defining farreaching goals for the Institute’s scientific, development and introductory activities; critiquing topical and financial plans and annual reports; evaluating qualifications of candidates for scientific, research and technology positions, and assessing periodically their scientific and technical achievements; preparatory proceedings into conferring academic degrees and titles; and running Ph.D. programmes.
The Institute's Scientific Council was appointed in 1950. Since then it has included distinguished scientists representing diverse scientific disciplines involved in defining, studying and shaping safe and healthy work environments. The Council was originally chaired by Professor Ignacy Malecki, Ph.D., to be later headed by Professor Dionizy Smoleński, Ph.D., Professor Jerzy Olszewski, Ph.D.(Eng.), Professor Stanisław Paszkowski, Ph.D.(Eng.), Professor Jan Kostrzewski, Ph.D. D.Sc., Professor Adam Lipowczan, Ph.D.(Eng.) D.Sc.(Eng.), and since 1999 by Professor Zbigniew Engel, Ph.D.(Eng.) D.Sc.(Eng.). Since December 1996, the Institute has been entitled to grant doctorates in environmental engineering. The Council has so far overseen 21 defences of doctoral dissertations.
The following Commissions operate as part of the Council
Members of the Scientific Council of the Central Institute for Labour Protection - National Research Institute in the term of office 2021-2025
1. Prof. Leon Gradoń - Chairman
2. Prof. JAN ŻERA - Vice-chairman
3. WIOLETTA BAJDUR, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
4. MAGDALENA BIESAGA, Ph.D., D.Sc.
5. Prof. BOŻENA CZARKOWSKA-PĄCZEK, Ph.D., D.Med. Sc.
6. EWA FLASZYŃSKA, Ph.D. (Eng.)
7. Prof. ŁUKASZ KACZMAREK, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
8. Prof. Joanna KAŁUŻNA-CZAPLIŃSKA, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
9. Prof. MARCIN KAMIŃSKI, Ph.D., D.Med. Sc.
10. Prof. TADEUSZ PAŁKO, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
11. Prof. DARIUSZ SAWICKI, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
12. MARCIN STRUSZCZYK, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
13. ADAM TARNOWSKI, Ph.D., D.Sc.
14. Prof. STANISŁAW WINCENCIAK, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
15. TADEUSZ WSZOŁEK, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
1. JOANNA BUGAJSKA - Vice-chairman
2. DARIUSZ PLEBAN - Secretary
3. Prof. JAN ADAMCZYK, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
4. ELŻBIETA DOBRZYŃSKA, Ph.D. (Eng.)
5. AGNIESZKA GAJEK, Ph.D. (Eng.)
6. Prof. RAFAŁ GÓRNY, Ph.D., D.Med. Sc.
7. JOANNA KAMIŃSKA, Ph.D. (Eng.)
8. Prof. KRZYSZTOF KĘDZIOR, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
9. Prof. MARIA KONARSKA, Ph.D., D.Med. Sc.
10. KATARZYNA MAJCHRZYCKA, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
11. GRZEGORZ OWCZAREK, Ph.D. (Eng.)
12. Prof. DANUTA ROMAN-LIU, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.)
13. WITOLD SYGOCKI, Ph.D. (Eng.)
14. MAŁGORZATA SZEWCZYŃSKA, Ph.D., D.Sc.
15. TOMASZ TOKARSKI, Ph.D. (Eng.)
1. Wiktor M. ZAWIESKA, Ph.D. (Eng.), D.Sc. (Eng.) – Director
2. Jolanta H. MATUSIAK, Ph.D. (Eng.) – Representative of the competent minister in charge of higher education and science